It is now mid May and I have decided to write a blog on decorating our new home in New Jersey. My husband and I lived in Southeast Asia for five years, two in Singapore and three in Hong Kong, so we were living in an apartment in both places. Finally the chance to live back in something that I can paint and it's on the ground! Versus many floors up in the air.
We definitely wanted to be in a town as close to New York City as we could afford, so Maplewood seemed like a good pick to us. The home we have bought here is from the 1930s and needs/needed much work, as many older homes would from that long-ago time!
My first project was to paint the closets, yes, the closets. I started in our bedroom which has five closets. There is one across one entire back wall that had louvered doors that I had removed. On either side of this large closet there is a small closet. One has slanted shelves for shoes and the other shelves for pocketbooks. The closets had been wall-papered from the '50s and was really dirty. So I spent loads of time priming and painting them white.
I painted my life away in January of this winter. What else was there to do when there was the most snow to fall in NJ in years?!?!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment